Alpha Theta Beta Sorority was founded on November 17,1936, thus making it the oldest fraternal organization on Hofstra's campus. Teddy Langlotz, then the editor of The Chronicle, wielded the power of the press and persuaded the administration to finally accept our constitution in January 1938. The other three founders were Frances Barnes, Eugenia Crawford, and Kay G. Noll. Through the initiative of our charter members, the necessity for inter-fraternal government was recognized, and consequently the Inter-Sorority Council came into existence.
Sisterhood, Sincerity, Cooperation
Forest Green, Silver, White
Kermit the Frog, White Swan